This is a post about what’s going on outside of baby. I share hobbies Derrick and I are currently in to, and other ramblings.
Is it Thursday already? After travelling over the weekend, my days have gotten away from me this week. It always takes me a few days to recuperate, and I’m finally starting to get back in our groove. Here’s what’s happening.
1. The Aquarium in Houston on Saturday was so much fun! We loved spending time with my family, and the babies did amazingly well. I will post in more detail about our adventures and our visit with some more twins. I just haven’t edited our pictures yet. Stay tuned…
2. Have you seen our Babies and Dogs post series? It’s becoming our most pinned post on Pinterest! I am so happy that others are finding the information beneficial. You can read Part 1 and Part 2, and the next installment is coming up in a few more days. Jeep will have his second training session sometime next week. We didn’t have as much time to practice with him as we’d like since we were out of town. He also had an ear infection, and next Friday he is having surgery. He has these little lumps above his left eye that need to be removed before they get bigger or grow into his eye and cause him to go blind. So if you don’t mind praying for a dog, they are appreciated!
3. I hope you guys all enjoyed participating in our recent giveaway by Do Good Buy Us. Claire R. won $75 to spend on tons of amazing charity-made items. If you didn’t win, don’t sweat it. I’m hosting another giveaway very soon. As soon as we reach 150 Facebook followers to be exact! We are at 145, so get to sharing with your friends! I’ll be selecting three winners this time.
4. The back to school frenzy has begun around our town. Students go back on August 26th, and Corbin and Lynley will be starting Tot School. I know, kind of silly since they are 10 months old. But, hey I can’t pass up the opportunity to buy school supplies! I’ve always loved school, and I hope to pass on my passion for education to my children. So, why not start them this early? I always planned on doing some sort of homeschooling before they start Kindergarten, and we’ve all been bored lately with the activities we do at home. I’m making my list and “lesson plans,” and a trip to the dollar store is forthcoming! More on Tot School in a couple of weeks. If you’re interested in doing something like this with your babies or toddlers, you should check out http://www.1plus1plus1equals1.net/. Carisa has lots of information on where to begin for all ages, plus free printable activity sheets, lesson guides and more.
5. On Saturday, I am finally redeeming the massage package of a gift certificate I received for my birthday. You’re probably thinking you’ve read this before. You have! I got a few spa treatments as gifts, and this is my last one to redeem, and it is the works! Here is what my 3 hours will include: a trip to the sauna, one hour massage, hot steam towel treatment, full body glow to exfoliate, hydrating body wrap, magic mint scalp massage and a foot reflexology treatment. I am so excited about all of this, especially the body wrap and body glow.