I had great response to last week’s first Thursday Things post! Thanks so much for the support. I feel like I’m saying that a lot lately, but I really do mean it.
So here’s what’s up this week:
1. We reached 100 followers through Bloglovin’! I’m so excited about this, and I want to remind all of my Google Reader followers that GR is going away as of July 1st. Don’t lose me and all of your other subscriptions! You can import the blogs that you follow on Google Reader directly with Bloglovin. (1) Go here, (2) click ‘Google Reader’, then (3) ‘Import from Google Reader’, (4) grant Authentication. Done.
|It basically looks the same, just a bit shorter.|
2. Lots of you guys asked to see a picture of my haircut. Last week, I shared a horrible picture of all my baby hairs poking up right in front, and well, they still do! Unfortunately, there wasn’t much my stylist could do to help me out during this awkward growing stage. We decided to keep the bangs on the longer side until they thicken back up. So, I decided to just have it trimmed again, and I will live with it for a few more months. I am trying some wax to tame the little hairs, but it’s not really helping.
3. Derrick and I have been on a bit of a fitness kick lately. He is a member of a tennis league here in Austin and has wanted to start improving his game for awhile. Now that we are no longer “zombie parents,” he has the energy to add two practice days with his brother who is also in the league, and they both attend a weekly drill. That’s a lot of tennis! And he’s running on the treadmill on his lunch break some days to prepare for our first 5k, The Color Run! He deserves a pat on the back.
4. As for my fitness kick, I have been slacking on the Couch25k app, but I have started going to an additional Pilates class. My neighbor teaches several groups at the amenity center in our neighborhood, and she just added a 7:45a.m. class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is really early for me, but the only other class time I can take from her is a 6:00p.m. one. By the end of the day, I’m exhausted and don’t want to exercise. Well, that’s true at 7:45a.m. too, but if I can get myself to bed earlier, I can make it work better than an evening class. So, my plan is to take the two 7:45 classes and one of the 6pm classes for a total of three classes a week. On the other days, I plan on running. Now, if only we were as good about eating better as we are about exercise…..
|Rachel Weisz was good, but I wasn’t a fan of Mila’s screaming.|
5. Derrick and I watched a movie together last night! Haven’t been able to do that in awhile. Most nights when we tried in the past, we would have to pause, comfort or feed a crying baby, play, rewind, go get other baby, play, repeat. No more of that thank goodness. We are so blessed with good sleepers now. We watched Oz the Great and Powerful. I’m a bit of a Wizard of Oz freak. It’s my favorite movie ever. My mom recorded it from the t.v. when I was little, and she will tell you that I watched that vhs tape every day before school. She would listen to me recite every word of dialogue and sing Somewhere Over the Rainbow. I think this is hilarious, and totally believe it’s true even though I don’t remember very well. I might still be able to recite the entire film and have the rickety old tape! I liked the new Oz movie ok, but Mila Kunis as the wicked witch was awful! James Franco and Michelle Williams were great, and I really liked the little monkey and china doll. I hope they don’t decide to film more for a series though. Nothing will ever be as good as the original for me, and I can’t deal with Mila screaming her lines. Her voice doesn’t even sound evil, just loud and screechy.
Lastly, what do you guys think about turning this into a Linkup? I’d love to see other posts about what my readers are up to. Would you link up with me? Answer in comments please.