I won a blog award, the Liebster Award! Okay, so it’s not really an award, but it’s a recognition from fellow bloggers that they like what I’m doing. Two blogs have actually nominated me, Erica Dee and Fawn Over Baby, so I am accepting.
The word Liebster is German and means dearest or lovely. The award is given to up and coming blogs with 200 or less followers. It’s a great way for fellow bloggers to pat each other on the back, meet new bloggers and publicize their site to the general public.
So here are the rules that apply when accepting the Liebster Award!
Create a Post Containing The Following Information:
*Link Back to the Blog that nominated you
*Nominate 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
*Answer Questions posted by you from your nominator
*Share 11 random facts about yourself
*Create 11 Questions for your nominees to answer
*Contact your nominees and let them know you’ve nominated them
Questions to answer:
- What inspires you the most these days? My children!
- What are your hopes and dreams for your blog? I started this blog to share our journey with our friends and family, and I hope that everyone continues to enjoy reading it. My dream for the blog would be to reach a greater audience and possibly make a living blogging.
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? I already have my dream job: Mommy to Corbin and Lynley.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Right where I’m at! Texas 😉
- Where were you born and where do you currently live now? Born in Orange, Tx and live in Austin, Tx.
- What is your favorite comfort food? Lately, it is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
- What is your favorite indulgence? Dr. Pepper and chocolate!
- Who is your favorite author and why? I don’t really have a favorite author, but I like mystery writers.
- If you could have a celebrity best friend, who would it be? Taylor Swift
- Where is your “Go-to” place to shop online? Amazon
- Do you have a DIY project that you are most proud of? I’m pretty proud of my DIY Decorative Canisters.
Random facts about me:
- I am the middle child, and have an older sister, older brother (he’s in heaven) and younger brother.
- I also have a step sister and half-brother.
- I am a follower of Jesus and love singing praise music in my car. (I’m glad our God doesn’t judge cause my voice sucks!)
- My family and I love to play board games, especially Quelf.
- I worked as a television producer and reporter during and after college.
- I’m a news and political junkie and also worked for Texas Gov. Rick Perry.
- I like to tickle my babies tummies’ and pinch their cute little bottoms.
- I make up random songs about everyday tasks so my babies aren’t in complete silence and it will stop fussiness sometimes. I am too embarassed to share because they are quite silly.
- I’m an ovarian cancer survivor and created an awareness web site called Feeling Teal.
- I’m obsessed with Taylor Swift and have all of her cd’s in my multi-disc player in the car. I might listen to them on repeat over and over on trips…MIGHT.
- My mom is my role model. She is an amazingly talented, kind, beautiful person that I hope every day to become more and more like. I hope I am as great a mother as she is and that my children adore me as much as I adore her.
Questions to my nominees:
- What’s your favorite television show?
- If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you’d buy?
- What book are you currently reading?
- Do you have any hidden talents? If so, what is it?
- If you could be a contestant on any game show, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite hobby or thing to do in your spare time?
- Share one of your favorite recipes.
- Who do you admire? (real life person or celebrity)
- What’s your shopping weakness? (mine is shoes)
- What is your dream vacation?
- Who is your favorite Disney character?